Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Half Aftermath

Okay, so I know after all that's said and done, the Brooklyn Half Marathon was over a week ago. Most bloggers are DONE talking about it (okay, except for Ted who was a little behind!) but I cannot stop thinking about it. I still cannot believe that I finished.

There is some part of me that wants to discredit this accomplishment, and turn it into something that's not mine. Like, for example "You can't be proud of this accomplishment because you only ran 6 miles and then you took the train home." NOT TRUE! Or, ""You can't be proud of this accomplishment because you walked parts of it" But that's not even valid. I ran 13.1 miles in under two and a half hours, and a year ago I was just getting my first pair of running sneakers and could barely run for 30 minutes. Running the BK Half was part of my New Years Resolution. This is how crazy this all is for me, and one week later I still cannot comprehend.

And on top of this all, I have the most amazing, supportive boyfriend, that manages to make me feel loved and motivated even when we are 894 miles away.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Well, I kinda said it all on fb, but I've never been one to keep quiet for long:

I think this is what I want to say now:
We ran together many times and with each run - literally each run, you have improved. Speed and endurance. You ran those two loops in PP when I couldn't. Mindset! The beast? All of it. You have it.

That simple!

Training for NYC Half will be fun!! :O)

Anonymous said...

In our blogs, we spend so much time dwelling on our disappointments, and the runs and races that don't go well. Glad to see you take the extra time to celebrate your big accomplishment.

Keep it up!

chris mcpeake said...

Congrats. Finishing a half is a MAJOR big deal. Just ask anyone that doesnt run. Good job

Unknown said...

Again, thanks all for the support :D

I'm trying to stay positive and not dwell on the negatives!